Attract highly qualified individuals from Business Schools and highlight Novartis objectives and vision, were one of the main points of the encounter of Francisco Ballester, CEO of Novartis Spain, with students, alumni and faculty members of the IE Business School, last February 5th.
During his conference, Francisco Ballester talked about Novartis: its profile, performance and future opportunities in the pharmaceutical field; officially announced «Novartis Mastermind Challenge» which -in its very 1st Edition for students enrolled at Spanish BS- aims at attracting the best talent for a career growth in Novartis; and reflected about the following «Key issues for managing your career path and become a leader»:
· Knowledge and skills are at the bottom line of any good manager; but what makes a leader is attitude.
· Always display a positive attitude in every work you perform; enjoy it and your team will enjoy as well.
· Define your personal career mission statement. Find you own way but try not to rush to attain top executive positions: enjoy at every stage and do not perform just a «good» work; go beyond expectations.
· Network with your peers (overall the good ones)! They may be promoted.
· Promotion is usually a decision not taking by your boss, but the boss of your boss. Work as much as you can in projects involving him/her.
«Could not agree more with Francisco regarding displaying a positive attitude in the business environment. This is fundamental as future business leaders, especially nowadays» commented Carlos Tarrats, Communications Officer of the IE Marketing Club.
The audience showed great interest with questions that covered many topics related to the actual pharmaceutical industry, the company and the concerns of Novartis towards social responsibility, among many other inquiries.
Novartis ranked No 1 among pharmaceutical companies in Fortunes magazine’s «World’s Most Admire Companies » 2007 survey.
Novartis rank of reputation: